After spending last weekend in Utah for a wedding, I have compiled a list of things I do not miss about living there. In no particular order:
- snow
- shoveling walkways and driveways
- driving in snow/ice
- getting to work late because of aforementioned shovelling and/or road conditions
- snow
- making sure each vehicle has a snow brush & scraper
- brushing snow off the car
- scraping ice off windshields & windows
- snow
- buying the kids whole new wardrobes each time the season changed
- spending money on heavy coats
- putting a baby in a car seat while wearing a heavy coat
- snow
- walking in heels in snow/ice and being limited to close-toed shoes for 4 months of the year
- the salty/sandy buildup that was present on all vehicles all winter long
- paying half my salary to Questar Gas
- snow
- having to entertain the kids indoors while they were off school for Christmas break
- frozen hands, feet, ears, etc.
- frozen pipes
- last, but not least, SNOW
Happy winter to all from a balmy 75 degree day in December!
4 comments:
So I take it you are not really a fan of the snow?! I dont blame you!! It SUCKS!! Though I do love it on Christmas Day!! Have a Merry Christmas!
And to think from the title I was expecting a sentimental post! You never disappoint, Emily. I'm with Sara on this one- I love snow up until Christmas and then starting in January, I wouldn't mind a nice balmy 75 degree day!
You suck!
Oh I totally thought ALL those things this Christmas! I was so glad to get home. Even though we got home at like 1 AM I still made us get up and go to the beach the next morning to celebrate the warm weather. Poo poo on snow and cold- it always sucks even if it is Christmas!
Post a Comment