Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's going on in the kitchen but I don't know what's cooking

Gangtsa's Paradise, anyone? Coolio? No? Just me?

Anywho, I am in no way a chef. In fact, the thought of cooking dinner in the evening gives me cold sweats. But I came across a recipe that I have modified and made my own that I would like to share with you all (all 3 of you) because it is SUPER EASY and mighty tasty.

Chicken Macaroni Bake

2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheese
1 can chicken breast in water, drained (or cook up 1 chicken breast & shred)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (don't cook the noodles) - transfer mixture to greased 9 x 13 pan - cover with tin foil - bake for 1 hour at 350 - this recipe feeds our family of 4 (2 adults & 2 kids) and usually has leftovers for at least 1 lunch, if not 2.

Seriously, uncooked noodles and canned food? Does it get any easier than that? I think not. You can also rotate thru your food storage with this recipe. I'm pretty sure everyone has macaroni noodles and you can use powdered milk in this recipe with no problem. You can use the reduced fat soups and fat free milk and it tastes the same. The rest of the items are items most of us have in food storage anyway, besides the cheese. I've also made it without the cheese and it's still tasty. We're a cheese-loving family so I add it. But in a pinch, do without! You could also try to sneak in some veggies if you're into that kind of thing. The kids LOVE it!

5 comments:

Jayme said...

ohh.... that sounds SO good and the best part... EASY! I think I will try it this week! Thanks EM

Heidi Noel said...

I love new recipes. I will definitely try it. We are a chicken loving family, and rarely do without the cheese.

Anonymous said...

This sounds way good! I love new recipes! I wonder what my husband will think of canned soup and noodles...

Moss Family said...

Gangtsa's Paradise, anyone? Coolio? Ha, Ha, totally took me back to high school hanging in your basement. I saw Eve's facebook and I thought of "Oh My!" Ha good times.

The Greenwoods said...

Sounds delish! I might have to give it a try!