Audrey and I were able to go to Utah for Memorial Day (Decoration Day) weekend. I LOVE Memorial Day! I love going to the cemeteries and putting flowers on the graves. We always end up hearing some story we've never heard before about one of our loved ones. Memorial Day was super important to my Grandma Day and she drilled it into all of us that it should be a special day. She would roll over in her grave if we didn't "do graves" over Memorial day weekend.
My Aunt Afton & Uncle Sherm were in town from Georgia. They are SO fun and I love to see them and my Aunt Louann & Uncle George. We had a BBQ at my mom's house with my brother's family, my aunts & uncles and my cousins, Sara & Jodie and their kids. It was so fun to see everyone!
My best friend from high school, Emily B, went thru the Temple over the weekend so I was able to go to that as well. Most of my good friends from high school were there and we all went to dinner and then went to Emily's and stayed up until 5:30 am talking. It was SO much fun!
Me, Kelli, Candice, Brooke, Emily B, Natalie - excuse us if we look hungover - it was about 3 am when this pic was taken (can you tell I was always the odd one out being the only brunette) we all cheered together at good ol' Manti High School
Audrey is usually so happy that I had to post a pic of her being grumpy to prove it actually happens from time to time.
Future Cheerleader - can't you see it?
My Grandma & Grandpa Day LOVED to golf. Each year my brother glues a pink & white golf ball to tees and puts them by their graves instead of flowers. It looks nice and it just fits them so well. This is Steve's fam by the grave & golf balls.
Like any self-respecting 5 year old, my nephew Brayden was enthralled with the goat poop at the farm.
This will shock anyone who knows my mother - she rode George's Harley.

Audrey is usually so happy that I had to post a pic of her being grumpy to prove it actually happens from time to time.

Future Cheerleader - can't you see it?

My Grandma & Grandpa Day LOVED to golf. Each year my brother glues a pink & white golf ball to tees and puts them by their graves instead of flowers. It looks nice and it just fits them so well. This is Steve's fam by the grave & golf balls.

Like any self-respecting 5 year old, my nephew Brayden was enthralled with the goat poop at the farm.

This will shock anyone who knows my mother - she rode George's Harley.

My mom and dad with Audrey at the farm
Me and my FAVORITE brother, Steve. I considered posting the pic we took where he looks like Popeye, but he is my brother and I'd risk a killer wedgie at some point in the future.
My mom, LuAnn with my dad's sister, Louann

Me and my FAVORITE brother, Steve. I considered posting the pic we took where he looks like Popeye, but he is my brother and I'd risk a killer wedgie at some point in the future.

My mom, LuAnn with my dad's sister, Louann

My mom and dad with my dad's brother, Sherm and his wife Afton and with my dad's small sister, Louann and her husband George. Incidentally the photo was taken right by my dad's older sister Shirlene's grave.
This is my cousin Sara's little girl - she is so adorable!
We stopped at George & Louann's farm to feed the baby goats. They were so cute!

This is my cousin Sara's little girl - she is so adorable!

We stopped at George & Louann's farm to feed the baby goats. They were so cute!






5 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I wish I could have been there- Oh wait, I was!
I love that Steve puts golf balls by the graves. What the heck have I been doing? I really dont think I have been to "do graves" since Grandma died. Shhh... dont tell!! I loved all the pictures... esp of my mom and the fam in front of Shirlene's grave. Oh, and your mom on the Harley!! She looks like she might die!! HA! Love it!! See you on Friday!
We moved to St. George. It is going to get hot, but probably not as hot as where you are!
Looks like you had fun visiting your family and friends in Utah! You all looked good for 3 am. I would be a zombie! Do you know who was in charge of your 10 year reunion? How is Em B. doing?
True story about Grandma rolling over in her grave over NOT doing graves! You got some classic pics in that bunch, Em. Like all the siblings together, your mother's near death experience on a motorcycle, and of course - goat poop. That about sums it all up!
See you in sunny St. George, baby!
Im so proud of you Mrs. Day!!! You looked like a hottie on the bike!
Post a Comment