Last week Tysen and I both had dentist appointments. Joy! I loathe the dentist, but I don't want to end up with dentures when I'm 30 so every six months I hem and haw and I eventually succumb and go.
Tysen has horrific teeth. Really, really bad. He's only 6 and he has at least 8 fillings and has had 2 root canals and 2 teeth with steel caps (aka "silver teeth"). This time was no exception. He had only 1 new cavity, which isn't too bad for him. But he had one filling that came completely out, which needed to be replaced. And on another tooth he had somehow managed to shear off most of the filling that was in the tooth as well as about 1/3 of the remaining tooth. I asked the dentist how in heaven's name that would happen and he got a wide-eyed look on his face and said "it wouldn't be easy". Fantastic, now I know exactly how to avoid that circumstance in the future.
Now the good news, for the first time in 3 years I had a dentist appointment that did not reveal any new cavities! YAHOO!!! No mortal fear of novocaine & drilling for another 6 months!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
You feel the need to use a lot of obscenities at the dentist?
Posted by Toby and Emily at 9.5.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I hate the dentist, myself. I'm proud you actually GO on your 6 month notice appointments. Every time I get those dang little fliers in the mail, my heart starts racing until it hits the garbage - then I feel better.
Post a Comment