Friday, May 1, 2009

What did people do before they had TV? Don't be stupid Beavis, there's always been TV, there's just a lot more channels now.

Now that I'm back to having a life after tax season, I've been able to catch up on most of my shows that were waiting patiently on my DVR for me to return. Here's my recap of what's been going on on some of my favorites. I'll start with the more trashy shows I watch and hopefully it'll get classier from there, but I can't promise anything.

Real World/Road Rules Challenge - the Duel II: This is such an interesting show to me. I record it every season. It's like a train wreck and I am compelled to admire the twisted damage. First of all, CT needs to be in a strait jacket in a nice white room with padded walls and heavily sedated. That would be for everyone's well being. Shauvon needs to ditch the "MySpace" hairdo. It doesn't look good on anyone. Everyone needs to learn to keep their pants on on their knees together. The challenges this season I think have been more interesting than in seasons past, but the actual games of the Duel are kinda lame.

The Hills: I think Lauren has shot herself in the foot by recommending Stephanie for the People's Revolution job. We'll see how that crashes and burns soon. And seriously, Heidi? You married that douche bag? I'm not sure who's worse: Spencer, who behaves like an imbecile, or Heidi, who committed to that whole "till death do us part" thing. I give it 3 years, max. Heaven help us all if they have kids. Those children will need loads of therapy. Let's just hope MTV is there to document the divorce proceedings. Now that's entertainment.

The Real Housewives of New York: I love all the real housewives, New York, Orange County, Atlanta, and I'm sure New Jersey will be grand as well. Here are my thoughts on the current New York cast. Bethenny I adore. She's got this awesome dry wit humor that I love and she doesn't take crap from anyone, especially Kelly. Which brings me to Kelly. Who does this woman think she is? She behaves like some mall rat strait out of 7th grade. And best of all, she's a model, but her face is weird looking. She's got a cute little body, but from the neck up, it's not all that impressive. I can't decide about Ramona. She's hit & miss for me. Same with Alex. I'm kind of indifferent to those 2. Simon bugs the heck out of me. I think Jill is fabulous. She's SO quintessential New Yorker. I love her. I really like LuAnn too. She always verbalizes in a really eloquent way the things that were already going thru my head. I just think she's really poised and classy. I like her. And she has the same name as my mom so I like that too!

Law & Order SVU: There are no words - this show is perfection. I really like that they brought back Stephanie March as the DA. I really like her. I was sad when they killed her off a few seasons back. I did read that they were thinking about replacing Benson & Stabler and if that happens, I'm not sure I'll even watch the show anymore. They ARE that show.

Law & Order CI: I really like this L&O as well. I love Goren. He and Eames just work so well together. There's a great dynamic there. I'm anxious to see how the new dude works out. You know, the guy was in Jurassic Park as the weird scientist dude that kept hitting on the paleontologist? Anywho, we'll have to see how he works with the show. He's only been in one episode so far.

90210: While this show can never be what the original Beverly Hills 90210 is to me in my heart, it is sufficiently shallow and campy for my taste. Naomi sometimes bugs, but I can live with that. I really like Adrianna and Naveed. Dixon could use some acting lessons. I have mixed feelings about Annie & Ethan. But Silver, I adore! And they brought back the original Kelly Taylor which helps immensely, as have the guest appearances by Brenda Walsh & Donna Martin. I really need to see some Dylan McKay though. That would really take this show places.

Grey's Anatomy: Please no one tell me what's going on. I have 3 episodes on my DVR I haven't gotten to yet. Don't spoil it for me please. I need to learn for myself what happens to Izzie.

ER: Ah, my beloved ER. It's over. I cried. I can't speak of it anymore for fear the tears will return. I'll miss you Archie Morris!

Lost: When I was prego with Audrey, Kenlynne's family got me totally hooked on this show. We've been devoted fans ever since. But, no pun intended, they've lost me. The whole time travel thing isn't sitting well with my psyche. I keep watching in the hopes that they will eventually wrap it all up in a nice pretty package for me at some point and I'll get what's going on.

House: Love it, love it, love it!

So that's what's been deleted from my DVR lately. I really think I like TV too much.

8 comments:

Haylee said...

I am just happy to see that someone else has as many shows that they are hooked on. I, too, am an avid watcher of Real World/Road Rules challenges, 90210, and all the other trashy reality shows. Love them!

Sara said...

thank heavens for dvr- especially since i spend a lot of time lately feeding, burping, and rocking a little bundle of joy! i love 90210, and have been recording old episodes of the OC- good gosh i love it.

Jodie said...

Well, thanks to you "watching too much TV," I don't have to. I just got the complete download in about three minutes. Any chance you can keep this up? It's terribly convenient for me.

The Greenwoods said...

Haha! We watch so many of the same shows! I am totally hooked on the Hills, Real World/Road Rules challenge, Greys Anatomy and Desperate Housewives of New York!! I agreed with all of your comments on all the shows that I watch. How funny that you love Bethanny. Isn't she hilarious?! And I TOTALLY agree with you on Kelly. I think the issue with her is that 1.) She is either bi-polar or schizophrenic because she can't remember any of the arguments she's had with Bethanny. 2.) She does have a great body--but I can't decide if she is pretty or not. She seems a wee bit man-ish for my taste! I am glad that I am not the only one that watches copious amounts of TV! Isn't DVR great?!?! Who knew what we did before it was invented! Haha!

Darcy and Eric said...

Ok, So I love love love the Real Housewives as well! It is so addicting to see how ridiculous these women can be and are! I can't stand Alex or Simon! I think they are both obnoxious and who in their right minds names their kids those awful names.. WE LIVE IN AMERICA NOT ENGLAND! Greys is fantabulous I won't tell you but you better hurry up!

joanna said...

Good grief. I watch NONE of these shows. NONE OF THEM! They are all the most popular, too.
Kris & I watch The Office and if I remember to watch: Scrubs. I'm sure there are more but I can't remember. I have Working Mom brain (or just Mom brain because all moms are hair-brained most of the time.)
ACK! I gotta get back to work.

Steve said...

People actually watch The Hills and Real Housewives?!?!? I never knew! But you need to watch Tough Love on VH1; awesome! And VH1 does trashy reality better than anyone else.

The McCauls said...

Real World/Road Rules Challenge is my favorite show, I so badly want to compete. The sad thing about CT is he rarely makes it through the first show, he usually gets kicked off for fighting.