This morning Tysen woke up entirely too early and came in to say hello. I'm what some would call not a morning person. In fact, I'm pretty much the Wicked Witch of the West before 10 am. So I promptly kicked him out of the room to watch cartoons downstairs. Man, do I love the inventor of the DVR. Turns out, an early wake-up call would be the least of my problems.
Later (I won't admit how much later) I was hurrying to get ready for church. Every once in a while I think it would be nice to get there on time. So I'm out of the shower and start drying my hair when my blow dryer starts making horrific noises and smoke begins to billow out of the back end of it. This can't be good. I just sort of went with it and about 30 seconds later there was a popping sound and it was gone.
This was actually my back-up blow dryer that normally resides under the sink downstairs. But since my sister visited last month and broke my main one, I've been using the back-up. Crap! Now the back-up has given up the proverbial ghost. So what do I do? I dig the box fan out of the depths of the closet, plug it in, turn it on high and try to maneuver myself in front of it in such a way that my hair might possibly get dry before I freeze to death. It was a grizzly sight. I ended up late to church with damp, uncurled hair and a smile. Don't ask me what the plan is for tomorrow morning. I shudder at the possibilities.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
How do you know you're about to have a bad day?
Posted by Toby and Emily at 22.2.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
At least no body puked, right?
I hate that! Hope today turned out better for ya.
I'm visualizing you crouched down in front of the box fan...WAY too funny. I find it amazing you were at church with "a smile" after all that...good on you, mate.
OK, SO THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU WAS A BAD HAIR DAY AND YOUR SON TRIED TO GET YOUR A$$ OUT OF BED?????????
At least I know it wasn't MY fault (J/K because you said it WAS.) That blow dryer was about to die anyway.
Post a Comment