Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

As I've mentioned before, I hate Halloween. But having a 6 year old necessitates that I participate in some level of celebration.

Tysen's school had a carnival for the Kindergarten classes. they had so much fun winning prizes and candy from games like bean bag toss and ring toss and then fishing prizes out of a giant vat of spaghetti and eating donuts off of a string with no hands. He had a blast!

I was originally going to go into work on Friday, but I asked Tysen if he wanted me to come to his carnival and he said he did. Then, when I got there he was with his friends, Dylan and Travis, and Dylan said "Tysen, why is your mom here" and Tysen said "she really wanted to come". Um, okay. I've officially embarrassed my kid in public for the first time. Many more will follow, I'm sure. So I snapped a few pics and told him I was leaving which he was fine with.

Later that night he went trick-or-treating with his cousin, Tori, while we watched movies with Kenlynne & Glynn. Added bonus: if you're not at your own house, you're not obligated to open the door for the trick-or-treaters. Score!

Tessa (Toby's niece) went to party dressed as the bride of Frankenstein. She looked awesome!

Toby didn't look quite as glamorous in her wig, however.

Here's Dylan, Tysen & Travis at the carnival. Tysen chose to be a knight for Halloween this year.

Lucky for me Audrey's too little to know what's going on so I only had to deal with dressing up one child. We'll see what happens next year.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

I love that Tysen is old enough to be embarrassed by his, ahem, mother! I swear that "stage" is getting younger and younger, which means Cru will begin disowning me in about one year.

joanna said...

Jo's comments on pictures:
(1) Awesome!
(2) Uuuuuh...
(3) Cute!