Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sign my petition

Don't worry - this doesn't have anything to do with the election season we're in.

So, let me begin with a little background. My sister and I were WILDLY obsessed with New Kids on the Block in the late 80's/early 90's. I'm in no way ashamed of this. In fact, it was a tradition for the 2 of us to stay up late every Christmas Eve and watch our Hangin' Tough, Hangin' Tough Live and Step by Step videos on VHS. We did this each year at Christmas into our 20's. We LOVE NKOTB!!! This is them "then" - could they be more adorable?!?! I ask you!
So now, much to our delight, they have released a new album (purchased it on iTunes the day it dropped and I have the whole thing memorized) and are embarking on a reunion tour. Could I be happier?!?! Doubtful! The tour is coming to Phx so, naturally, I purchased tickets 4 minutes after they went on sale. My sister's hubby works for an airline so they can fly for free. She has hemed and hawed, back and forth, back and forth about coming here to go to the concert with me. This is them "now" and they're still hot.
The concert is in 11 days and 10 hours (but who's counting). It won't be the same if she doesn't come with me. I mean, who else can I go see NKOTB with wearing a neon shirt, a side ponytail, fluffy bangs, and scream out my undying love for Danny and not feel like a total idiot? So, please all comment and put peer pressure on my sister to get her butt on a plane and come to the concert with me!

6 comments:

Mary said...

How many times can you relive something like this? Um maybe once! Suck it up Jo just go. You wont' regret acting like a kid again.

Rob & Autum said...

JUST DO IT! Is that enough pressure? I agree with you, it just won't be the same without your sister there!!

I think that is so funny that you guys were/are so into NKOTB. I remember having their tape..wow where did those things go?

joanna said...

EMILY - ya big dork! I just talked to my boss today and she said I could take that time off. Now I just need to make sure Alex is taken care of on Monday while Kris works. YAY! Should I wear my NKOTB buttons?

Katie McCaul said...

How funny I heard on the radio there was a concert and I thought who the heck would go to that...but now I know! Have fun girls:) I think it is totally cool you are so into them.

The Greenwoods said...

Oh my gosh! Too funny Emily! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...whatever you do...make sure that you take lots of pictures! I need documentation of this blessed event! Besides, there has to be blackmail photos of the two of you dressed up in your neon shirts/side pony tails screaming to the stage!!! (I hope that the side-pony tails will be held together with a matching neon scrunchie!!!)

Nate said...

I was a major NKOTB fan too!!! So YES, you most certainly need to go to that concert, and YES your sister needs to go with you. The chance to relive those moments does not come around very often.....YOU MUST GO!!!! And then blog all about it so that the rest of us can enjoy it too!!!