So it's been a week since my last post. I'm currently losing my marbles - I know no one asked but I thought it best to put that out there as a disclaimer before continuing.
We are flying to Utah tonight - please no one be offended if we don't see you or call you. We're going for a wedding in Toby's family and we'll just be there for the weekend. A quick little trip which I'm hoping will be nice and not so much trouble that I start to wish we would have stayed home . . . we'll see.
Things are CRAZY at work. We have a new gal that has no prior tax experience, which means I'm left to handle all the incoming October 15th extension deadline crap. And let me tell you, people that extend their tax return deadline and wait till October to file don't do so because they're lazy - they do so because their crap is freaking complicated! So work is tough, but what else is new?
Audrey has FINALLY moved beyond her army-commando crawl to a normal up-on-all-fours crawl. Which is a relief to my mother who I'm sure was convinced she would be illiterate if she didn't master crawling. Long story. She also pulls herself up on EVERYTHING and walks around things. I'm dreading the day when she lets go and can walk anywhere she wants to. At least right now I know she'll be near the furniture. She has also, much to our dismay, mastered crawling up, but not down, the stairs. Oh heavens! Twice in the last 3 days we've found her halfway up the stairs - panic ensues.
Tysen is still the same smart and funny kid. He loves school and is still deciding if he likes soccer - it depends on the day. He is so worried we won't pack the items he wants to take on the trip so when I got home from work yesterday afternoon, he had his backpack crammed full of crap he wanted to take with us. He then told me I didn't need to worry about packing his stuff - it was taken care of. "Do you have underpants in your backpack for the trip?" (picture the 'thinking kid' look here where he bites his lower lip and looks up and to the right) "Ummmmm . . . hang on a second" and he peels off up the stairs. "Ok, I have underpants." "We're going to be there for 4 days, do you have 4 pairs of underpants?" And off he goes again. I then told him I would pack his clothes and jammies and he just needed to pack a bag of stuff to do on the plane. Much less stress that way. I can handle it if he forgets the red crayon but I really need him to have underpants and socks so it's just easier on me to take care of those things. Actually, let's be real here - Toby packed all of Tysen's things. I got the baby's stuff together. We have "his and hers" children. It works for us.
So that's about all for now. I don't have much to say but it is practically against my religion to go a whole week without posting something! I believe everyone should adopt that - it's very disappointing to click on blogs and see the same heading post for a month or more.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Update on life
Posted by Toby and Emily at 25.9.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm SO impressed with Audrey's skills! I am also, however, in a panic that my 10 (and almost 1/2) month old refuses to do anything but SIT! She loves to stand if you hold onto her or she can stand leaning against something. That's IT! I'm afraid there's something wrong with her. :S So, way to go Audrey! What a big girl!
Glad you posted! Good luck on your flight...i would be so scared to take my one kid on a plan let alone two!
Have fun in UT! I love the "his & hers" comment. But if it weren't for mommies, little boys wouldn't ever have clean socks and underwear.
By the way, we were considering flying out to SLC for the weekend to surprise Mom for her birthday, but I have to teach primary on Sunday. :( I may not have even seen you anyway.
Thanks for the update - if you don't come see me while you're in Utah, so help me...it's gonna be drastic, whatever it is!
Love the Tysen section - I can picture every moment of it...too funny.
Ok. It's been way too long since you have posted and I need some comic relief.
Please come back to the blogosphere!
Hell Yes! You're like my MHS Bestie!
Post a Comment