Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I can't get enough of this kid

Last night I was downstairs getting Audrey's nighttime bottle ready and Toby was upstairs in the bedroom watching TV and he had Audrey with him. Tysen was in bed reading. I hear Tysen yell "hey dad! are you missing something?" and Toby said "yeah, I guess so" and Tysen said "does it have 2 legs". Apparently Audrey had escaped from Toby and crawled into Tysen's room. I thought he was just funny the way he said that!

Here's another thing he did a few weeks ago. Sometimes when he has a bad dream Tysen will come in and sleep on our floor. Usually it's the middle of the night if he comes in, but one night he came in at like 10:30 and we weren't asleep yet. He laid down on the floor where he usually does and he'd been quiet for a few minutes. I thought he was asleep and Toby and I were ready to go to sleep too and I said to Toby "goodnight, I love you" and Tysen groggily replies "love you too mom". We just chuckled that he was still half awake and listening.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Too cute! What a great kid!

Katie McCaul said...

That is so funny...got to love kids :)

Grant and Candice said...

He is so adorable and smart. Isn't it funny the things kids say?

Sara said...

I need to meet this kid again! I love it!

Jodie said...

So apparently Toby is a really good baby-watcher?! No worries, I'm pretty sure that trait is stuck to the Y chromosome. Tysen is hilarious, by the way. What a witty little kid...sounds like you!

Janey and Jill said...

Miss Em,

I honestly tried to do the 8 Things Tag, but I couldn't come up with enough stuff to say!

I knew I was in trouble when I started working on the 8 common phrases. Everything that came to mind included major profanity! Damn!

Just didn't want you to think I was ignoring ya! I'll give it some more thought. Hopefully I'll be able to come with something! I'm pathetic!

xoxo!

joanna said...

I love Tysen! As always.

I haven't done "8 things" yet because I can't think of enough "things". Sorry. I still love ya.