Friday, September 12, 2008

What's bugging you?

Here's what's bugging me (this is the short list)

1. If you're dropping you kid off at school and there is any reason whatsoever for you to put your car into park, undo your seatbelt, turn the vehicle off, take your keys out, and leave the vehicle, then for the love of everything holy just pull into a parking space and don't block the drop off area for the other 87 parents with kids who need to go to school this morning as well.

2. If you own or run a small business, don't bring a years worth of accounting work into your accountant's office THREE DAYS BEFORE THE DEADLINE!!!! You've had since December 31st of last year to get this stuff into us - I'm pretty sure you can find time in the 9.5 months before the extension deadline to pull together your info and bring it in. Especially sine our office has been calling you EVERY WEEK SINCE FEBRUARY!!!! And please don't try to placate me by apologizing when it's clear you do this every single year.

3. If you are LDS, please don't assume everyone in the world you come into contact with needs to be and will be converted by you personally. I have a coworker who is not LDS, has never had the discussions, and has no real interest in religion whatsoever. Neither does her family. Her oldest child received as a wedding gift from a friend a big huge matted piece containing the words "Families are Forever" and a copy of the Proclamation to the Family and a picture of Christ. It was very nice, but really? They have no use for this item! It's now in my living room because they didn't know what to do with it. And, not to be picky, but according to our doctrine, their family won't actually be forever if they're not sealed in the Temple so that phraseology doesn't even apply to this couple! Seriously! Just give them a Book of Mormon if you want to share with them but that huge thing for a wedding gift? Just don't.

4 comments:

The Greenwoods said...

Too funny!!! I especially like the last one. How unbelievably uncomfortable for someone who is not LDS to receive a gift like that. Talk about awkward!!! The people were probably like--"What the heck is this and who are these "Mormons"?!?!"

Janey and Jill said...

You hit the nail on the head with this post!

Ricky is Catholic. Always has been. Always will be. He went to private Catholic School, he was an alter boy, his family is from Spain. He has NO intention of joining the Church and I knew that when I married him. Point is, sometimes really great LDS people say REALLY stupid stuff to Ricky. I just want to climb in a hole. I know everyone believes they are helping, but believe me people, Ricky is aware of the LDS Church having had been raised in UTAH! If we wants to go he will.

When we got married we got a ton of LDS stuff. I still have it somewhere...I should re-gift it! LOL!

Jodie said...

You know, I don't have to drop my kids off at school yet, but you can be dang sure I won't be a #1 offender. I have no patience for inconsiderate nut brains like that?! Can you tell?

kristie2422 said...

who's the co-worker? the new girl? stef said she's little weird. However, being raised Catholic and still attending Mass on Sundays, (aren't you proud I'm going to church again!?!) I would accept your LDS gifts. But when you get them back as a gift for Christmas just act surprised!j/k