Monday, September 8, 2008

So he was right . . . for once

Last night we're laying in bed channel surfing and there was absolutely nothing on. So Toby stopped on GSN because who doesn't love a good rerun of a 70's game show? So we're watching some random cheese-tastic show called "Double Dare" (not the Nickelodeon version) and the host looks vaguely familiar in his 70's fro and thick moustache and grey bell-bottomed suit.

I was thinking it was the guy from the old TGIF show Step By Step - you know the "modernized" Brady Bunch show that lasted WAY too many seasons and has Suzanne Sommers in it of all people? Anyone remember that? So I thought it was the guy from that show and Toby was like, no, that's Alex Trebek from Jeopardy. We argued the point during the commercial and it turned out it was in fact Alex Trebek.

Now, Toby doesn't often win arguments in our house, especially ones involving anything remotely pop culture related. He leaped on top of the mattress and proceeded into an embarrassing display of victory dancing and singing. This went on for a solid 3-4 minutes. I was crying I was laughing so hard. Maybe I should let him be right more often - apparently it's entertaining!

3 comments:

Marn E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Oh that is TOO funny! I can just see Toby doing his "victory dance" and you laughing your head off. That picture of Alex, by the way, is awesome!

joanna said...

That is SO Toby. Spank his skinny white @$$!!!!