Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mommy Tag

This is a tag about your first-born child. Apparently the other children gt lost in the shuffle. Ah, such is life!

1. Were you married at the time? Yes.

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Totally freaked out! Me? Have a baby? I was barely becoming accustomed to caring for myself and I'm supposed to care for another human? Thank goodness for Toby who was thrilled and has raised Tysen for me!

3. How old were you? 20 - I was a baby myself

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? Pregnancy test.

5. Who did you tell first? Toby, of course. Then I think my parents.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? Of course! So much planning to do and we were dirt-freaking-poor when we had him so I needed to be able to buy things along the way in the pregnancy.

7. Due date? November 3, 2002

8. Did you deliver early or late? Early by 5 days.

9. Did you have morning sickness? Morning sickness, afternoon sickness, evening sickness, middle of the night sickness - you name it.

10. What did you crave? Because of the aforementioned sickness, I didn't really crave much. I always wanted to eat Wendy's fries dipped in a Frosty but that's no different than normal. I did have weird smelling cravings. I'd rather DIE than eat a hotdog and I was a little obsessed with smelling corndogs. I'd drag Toby to the mall just so HE would order from Hot Dog on a Stick and I could smell his corndog between every bite - weird!

11. Who irritated you the most? I don't want to name names, but a certain HR manager that I used to work for in SLC - Anyone who worked with me at JWHM will know exactly who I'm talking about!

12. What was your first child's sex? Boy

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 30ish.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Just pregnancy induced hypertension - hence I was induced early.

15. Where did you give birth? Murray, UT at the old Cottonwood hospital which I think no longer exists.

16. How many hours were you in labor? 10

17. Who drove you to the hospital? Toby on the morning I was induced.

18. Who watched? Toby - and at the last minute I asked my mom to stay. I'd been thru a lot of medical crap when I was growing up and my mom had always been there with me for that so it felt right that she should be with me in the hospital for the baby too.

19. Was it natural or c-section? Natural-ish - I had an epidural, obviously!

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Duh! I got my epidural about 20 minutes after I started on pitocin to start the labor - it was fabulous, I didn't feel a thing.

21. How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs, 5 oz

22. Did your child have any complications? He had the cord wrapped around his neck so every time I had a contraction his heart rate would drop - then he didn't want to come out and they came to get me for a c-section when he finally decided to join us in the world the easy way (is there really an easy way?)

23. What did you name him/her? Tysen

24. How old is your first born today? He will be 6 in October. It makes me feel old! He acts like he's much older and he's really smart for his age - and I'm not at all biased.

Now I tag anyone who has a kid who wants to do this!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Okay, so this isn't in response to this post, but because it's recent I'm hoping you will see my comment. I just wanted to let you know that I'm occasionally blog stalking you; and I don't appreciate being ignored, lol j/k. Anyway, I found your website last month while looking for people I knew in my childhood, commented on one of your posts about the heat in AZ, and never heard back from you or Toby. Now, after seeing pictures, I'm sure that I know Toby from years ago. Anyhow, like I said we are moving to AZ and it would be great to get in touch with you guys. You seem like a lot of fun, and hey, aren't all accountants a blast! ;o) By the way, since we are moving down there ,it would be great to know someone who knows the accounting market since I'm looking for a job and have no idea what company's are good to work for down there. Can you please e-mail me either at jennifer@larsco.com or carmeanbball@hotmail.com
I Look forward to hearing from you.

Markalie said...

How dare you get irritated with that certain HR manager. She always had the most instyle clothing and hair styles. she always never spied on us to see if we were working. She never smelled like she had been just outside smoking. She was the best HR manager out there. I mostly loved her pirate shirt. So when you were feeling irritated it could have not possibly been her. It was probably Wilmer I know he irritated me every second of every day. Plus and sorry this is long but how could you have felt irritated when you had the chance to work with me and Jen all day. We were the hottest and most coolest chicks ever!