Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Audrey's Room

So we finally bit the bullet and painted Audrey's room. It simply wouldn't be my house if it weren't a little over the top so you'll see a total of 3 shades of pink (feel free to insert a Steel Magnolia's reference here, although none of the colors were called blush or bashful). And we painted them in a plaid pattern using different sized lines and paint mixed with glaze & water to give the overlapped effect. The pictures don't even do it justice! It looks SO COOL!



This is Toby putting up one of the roughly 9 million lines of tape we used














Painting the vertical stripes















Painting the horizontal stripes















The finished product! Audrey loves it!

12 comments:

Sara said...

wow! what a project- you did a great job!

The McCauls said...

I love it!!! That must have took forever to do, but it turned out great.

Kim said...

That looks AMAZING! You guys could go pro, it looks so perfect! WOW!

Rob & Autum said...

I am impressed!! I could never be that patient. It looks GREAT!

Markalie said...

Wow that looks way cool! It also looks like way too much work. Maybe if you have that kind of time on your hands you can come do that to Ashlyn's room.

The Greenwoods said...

Oh my gosh--that looks amazing!!! When did you guys move? No more shacking up with your in-laws? Where is your new house at? Hope all is well in the Ryan household. Are you coming to Utah for the 24th?

Rob & Autum said...

I wish I could say I did it myself but actually a lady in Springville does them. It is probobly more expensive then if you just got a kit from Walmart, but I think it is worth it. Her name is Amy and her website is called tiny touches. It is on my blog under favorites.

Grant and Candice said...

You have way too much time on your hands! Could you come to my house? Macie's room could use some help. It's in the works but will probably never be finished.

joanna said...

HOLY CRAP! You are amazing.

Sara said...

WOW! You have a nice hubby to do that!! I love it... wherre did you get the idea and the "know how"? Very nice!

Toby and Emily said...

Thank you, thank you - you're all fabulous! I got the idea here:

http://www.painted-house.com/episodes/12/149/?view=01

Watching HGTV pays off after all!

Kirstin said...

I cannot believe that paint job. Even watching HGTV, and getting ideas off the internet, I don't think I would ever have the patience or desire to do that. It is gorgeous. Anyways, I am Kirstin, Joe Anderson's wife, and of course it is fine for you to look at our blog. I asked Joe about you, and he said you are the nicest girl in the world. I am now excited to look at your blog from time to time.