Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back from Utah

So we got back from our fun-filled week in UT yeaterday morning. Me, being the emensely stupid person that I am, thought it would be a fabulous idea to fly out early in the morning on Monday so I could maximize my time in UT and also make it to work and be productive on Monday. YEAH RIGHT! We were SO exhausted that I went to work for about 3 hours and said, you know what? I can't even focus my eyeballs here! So I went home and slept all afternoon. I feel much better today, but still tired.

We had SO much fun while we were there! I can't speak for Toby (since we spent the entire vacation apart) but I was going every minute and I still didn't get to do all the things I wanted to and see all the people I wanted to while we were there! I was able to go back to Richards and Duckworth (my old accounting firm in Provo) and see their new digs at the brand new office. I went to lunch with April & Heidi after that (great to see you girls!). I went to Lagoon with April (thanks for blowing off work to play with me). I even won her a huge Care Bear - like I'm her boyfriend or something! It was called Oopsy Bear, which we're not really sure about - like Oops I crapped my pants? Not really sure about that one. Then I went back to Lagoon the next day with my mom, Tysen and my nephew, Brayden. The boys had SO much fun! I went shopping - more than once and found fun things.

And then, there was Day Girls'! Where to even begin! A fun-filled weekend with all the women from my dad's side of the family - to the tune of about 70 people! It was SO much fun! Imagine eating, shoppping, gossip, and lauging so hard you pee your pants multiple times! We played a game on Friday night after dinner with questions about the family's history and each table had to find the answer and go sit in a chair with points on it. Now, I consider myslef a fairly competitive person - and now I know where I got that trait. There were elbows thrown and trash talked - and I'm not even kidding someone was hoisted out of their high-point chair and thrown on the floor by somone half her size. It was hilar! My sister, Joanna, came from Indiana too and it was so good to see her! I hardly ever get to see her and spend time with her so that was nice. And my sister-in-law, Mary, came up for breakfast on Sunday so we were able to have all the girls from our immediate family there which was awesome. I didn't win the candy quilt in the raffle - dang it! I guess I didn't put it out to the universe with enough conviction (long inside story).

Then on Sunday we all went back to my parent's house and hung out - everyone in my whole family was there except my sister's hubby, Kris. Mom, Dad, Steve, Mary, Brayden, TK, Kian, Joanna, Alex, Toby, Me, Tysen & Audrey. It was really fun to just get to hang with everyone! We haven't done that in years, all of us kids together! Then we went to another mini reunion at Draper Park with all the same Day Girls, but we brought our families - as though the men are actually interested in socializing! Then we went to see my brother Steve's new house in Eagle Mountain and got to hang with him and Mary which was fun too! (Thanks for the gift, Mar!) Then I stayed up WAY too late on Sunday talking to my mom and woke up on Monday morning at 4 to catch our plane. THEN, after we get thru airport security we realize I forgot to pack Audrey's bottles for the flight. BAD NEWS! Luckily, Joanna was flying out just after us and gave us one of Alex's bottles for Audrey. Thank freaking goodness! I'll post pics another day once I dig my camera out of the luggage and download them. So much fun!

2 comments:

joanna said...

Um...two things.
1.) I WANT A GIFT, TOO

2.) How do you get to sleep so much?

Jodie said...

I had no idea your vacation here was packed with so many things...and to think I thought Day Girls was the highlight?!