I have to admit, I have a problem. I'm a total blog stalker! My favorite way to waste time is to try to find blogs of people I know. I love to find people's blogs and read them. Not in a weird "I know where you live and where you sleep at night" kind of way. Just in a "it's nice to catch up on people's lives from my past" kind of way. I found Janey Ann's and Nate & Haylee's blogs at least a week before I commented and let them know I was peeking at their blogs.
An old coworker and friend of mine (Spencer) and his wife (Amanda) keep separate blogs. I was reading his today and I clicked on hers on his list and I commented on her blog and she doesn't really know me other than I used to work with her husband. So then I went to Spencer's blog and commented on one of his posts telling him I commented on Amanda's blog and hopefully she wouldn't think I was a total freak. His response post was: "Emily, don't worry, you are a total freak." And I suppose this is not new information.
I'm always a little excited to click down my contact list and see if anyone posted anything new recently - I do this at least every other day. Accordingly, I'm always a little disappointed if I make it thru the whole list without seeing anything new. My sister, Joanna (do I really need to specify that it's Joanna if I only have 1 sister - the process of elimination should take care of this one), can almost always be counted on to post something amusing nearly on a daily basis so I'm rarely disappointed. (By the way, if you post less than once a month, you may be kicked off my favorite people list - I may develop a minimum posting requirement.) And I'm always excited to see new little fun things like Brooke's look-a-like-o-meter (absolutely loved it and I voted - mine will be coming soon) and pictures are an absolute MUST at least from time to time. And I LOVE it when people comment on my blog and I enjoy commenting on others' as well. Don't even get me started on tagging - it makes my whole day!
But doesn't everyone blog-stalk to some extent? If there's anyone out there who's reading my blog and I don't know you or you're not on my contact list, please let me know who you are and if I should know you from somewhere. And if you blog-stalk others please let me know. And if I'm a total weirdo let me know - actually, keep that to yourself, please.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Blog Stalking
Posted by Toby and Emily at 12.6.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I have to admit that I am member of your blog stalking club. I love to find people from the past, and see what they are up to! So, I'm glad that you found ours!!! Now I will be stalking you as well!
Ew! You are so weird Emily!!! Just kidding. I "blog-stalk" too! In fact, I have gotten back in touch with a bunch of people from high school by doing it! It' kind of funny!
I'm not on your contact list so I thought I better comment. haha, but this is Mindy, Candice's little sister. And I'm not gonna lie... I read your blog all the time! And you're not a weird-o, I stalk too, I even read blogs of people I don't know just because they're funny. Now that's weird!
Sign me up for the stalking club. Emily your kids are soo cute. I can't believe that we are moms, I still feel like I should be in high school.
EmDay, I have to admit that I am among the many blog stalkers that are out there! Not only do I check my friend's blogs daily (sometimes more than once a day) but I randomly read other people's blogs if they've left a funny comment on someone's blog that I know. Then for some far-fetched reason I think I need to read theirs to see if they're always that funny. It is fun to find long-lost-friends, and according to me, also read about people whom you've never even met! What did I do before blogs???
WEIRDO!!! JK! I love seeing peoplefrom the past!! Oh I think I need your email to invite you to my blog... maybe I have it if so nevermind! If not... send your email to drapergirl22@yahoo.com. Love reading you and Johanna's blogs... you guys are so funny!See you in 2 weeks!
I love my weirdo sister because we are so much alike. I miss you tons! And I noticed you're enjoying 111 degree weather. Lucky you!
Oh, add to your kid post -- Tell the nurses that you are not just being a baby about childbirth and if you feel pain that it REALLY HURTS and they need to get the anesthesiologist's AZZ in the room STAT.
Post a Comment