I did it. I survived another tax season. Our office closes every year the day after tax day so today was blissful. I talked Toby into taking the day off as well so we could spend some time together (for the first time since football season started last fall).
We had such a nice day! He got the kids up this morning and took Tysen to school and Audrey to the baby sitter's while I slept in until 9:30. Isn't he great?!?! Then we got ready for the day and went to the Temple. It's always so nice, quiet, calm and peaceful there - it never ceases to amaze me. Kenlynne went with us. Then we went out to eat since we weren't able to make the time for that on my birthday (birthdays during the last week of tax season suck). We went to Macaroni Grill which was fantastic, as always.
We got home in time for me to pick Tysen up from school and walk him home, which I never get to do. Toby picked up Audrey and when we got home she was ready for her afternoon nap, as was I. So she and I took naps. Naps are one of the most glorious things in the world, in my opinion.
Tysen brought Audrey in and plopped her on top of me a couple of hours later (he's such a good helper to get her out of bed when he hears her crying). Toby had gone to hit a bucket of balls, which he loves to do. Then he came home and we worked on his golf swing in the back yard. We went on a walk this evening and had to run an errand after that.
So we all get in the car to run our errand and there's something I've never seen before on the front seat of the car. Tysen wanted to play with it and Toby obviously didn't want him touching it at which point I asked what the heck it was. It is some kind of accessory/tool for the obscenely expensive golf club he purchased after he finished up at the driving range this afternoon. Let me remind you I haven't even gotten a birthday present yet, but here we have some random, unnecessary item making it's way into our garage. Watev.
He loves golf - it's the only thing he ever splurges on so for the most part, I don't mind. He doesn't complain too much about my volume of shoes so I let the golfing stuff slide. At least I have an idea now how much I will spend on shoes for my birthday to match the cost of the club :)
We got home and put the kids in bed. They're asleep now and we'll sit down to watch the episode of Grey's Anatomy on our DVR now. What a perfect day!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
It's over - if only for a season
Posted by Toby and Emily at 16.4.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds so nice! Oh the men and golfing...
I am glad you had such a good day! You deserve it after all your hard work!!
Since you mentioned it, do you know when the new season of Grey's is going to start?
That sounds like a perfect day! I'm glad you survived Tax Day and can feel like life is back to normal. :)
That sounds too good to be true! You deserve it!
Good for you, Emily. A nice, unwinding day after a season of long hours and grief! Oh, and YES - naps ARE the greatest thing ever!
Sounds like the perfect relaxing day! Bet it felt good after this tax season! Well deserved! Hope you had a great birthday!
Post a Comment