As you could probably tell by the last 3 posts in one day, we had kind of an eventful week. That being said, it seems like whenever you have a lot going on in a relatively short period of time you have the, let's call it opportunity to learn important life lessons. Here, in no particular order, are this week's revelations:
- A six year old is capable of breaking a digital camera he received for his birthday within 3 minutes of opening the gift.
- That same six year old is also capable of crying about it for an hour and a half without stopping.
- Spending 40 bucks on a stuffed animal is actually worth the money if the child is totally psyched about it and you only do it once a year.
- If your child wants to be a knight for Halloween and insists that his costume include a shield, lie to him and tell him that knights don't really carry shields like he's seen on TV. Otherwise, you'll waste 2 hours of your life using cardboard, a glue gun, spray paint, bias tape & glitter glue to manufacture something he won't even be capable of carrying once he has his costume on and his candy bag in his hands. The candy bag takes priority over the painstakingly handmade shield.
- If your husband is coaching in a championship football game, for the love of everything holy remember to bring along a change of clothes and a trash bag, or at least a large beach towel to avoid the musty car smell for a week and a half after he was drenched by his players with the ginormous water jug. Thank heaven it wasn't Gatorade!
- Finally, my personal favorite: say what you want about the heat here, but when you live in Arizona and it's 93 degrees on October 31st, you can dress your kid like this for Halloween.
I have no idea who this kid is - I saw him at Tysen's Halloween carnival and I had to take a picture of it. Too funny!
8 comments:
Damn- I was hoping you really did some deep thought by jack handy. I remember my Dad laughing his guts out at those- so I of course laughed probably not knowing what half of them meant. I saw some teens dressed as swimmers- and it was NOT 93 degrees. They should have stuffed their shorts, that's all I can say- use your imagination
You have learned some great lessons. I hope to remember them when Alex is 6.
I LOVE that kid's Phelps costume. Easy and cool (as in temperature-cool.) That's like something I would want to wear while I've got my hot-flashes, except not in public.
HA!!! I love the Phelps! Who gets a digital camera when they are six?! Wish you were my mom!
Ha Ha! What a fun costume idea! Your blog is looking really good. It has been way too long since we all got together. Oh by the way Brad lost Toby's number so call Brad so he has it! :) 702-525-2378.
Somehow, I don't think the musty car smell is just from that one Gatorade incident. I sat in it the other week. You guys need the professionals to get in there!!
Funny, Emily. I don't know who I feel worse for, Tysen (having a broken camera), you (paying for a broken camera), or that little boy in the Speedo who will grow up to hate his mother for parading him around in one!:)
You are so funny. It is so true about Arizona, having a warm Halloween finally made it worth living here.
Oh, and I love the boy in the speedo. So funny.
Kid in Speedo, FREAKING HILARIOUS!
Congratulations to Toby!
Post a Comment