Monday, August 18, 2008

Miscommunication

Last night I picked up my phone to set my alarm for this morning and I saw that I had missed a call from my sister. So I said, "Oh, I had a missed call." And Toby says, "What? Steven Seagal? Why are you talking about Steven Seagal?" And I said, "Why are YOU talking about Steven Seagal?" And Toby says, "You just said Steven Seagal out of nowhere." Now I'm chuckling and I said, "No, I said I had a missed call."

Not all that interesting of a story, I know. But it got me wondering about what other minor and humorous miscommunications people may have. Any comments are welcome.

4 comments:

Grant and Candice said...

That is so funny! It totally reminds me of this time when I was sitting in my bedroom and Grant was in the front romm and I thought he said "Hun", so I yelled "what" back. He then yelled "What?". So I said "didn't you call my name" and he said "no". I said, "I swear you just said my name" and then he said "no I farted and you answered to it". It was hilarious!!

Jen Hunter said...

Ha ha. I think all men just have a hard time of hearing. Or they have selective hearing. Probably both. So thanks for the mechanic tip. My hubby called someone from the ward. Thank goodness it was only $50 to fix. I'll keep you in mind though the next time one of our cars decides to crap out. So in a month or so? Ha ha. Call me!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Whenever I say d*mn I can brush it off as though I was really saying Jean Claude Van Damme!

The good ol Days said...

So I'm just rolling. I love it when that type of stuff happens. Em your story was funny but the fart story almost made me pee.