Friday, May 23, 2008

Little-known facts about our family


5 Things you May Not Know About Toby
* He can sing along with nearly every Backstreet Boys and 'NSync song
* He once taped a New Kids on the Block concert off of the Disney Channel and watched it repeatedly
* He is WAAAY into politics and (brace yourself) has a strong opinion on nearly every political topic imaginable (ok, so that wasn't very shocking)
* He is a REALLY good cook when he wants to be - he's very inventive behind a stove
* He is the most fabulous husband and amazing father and my very best friend and my spaghetti (inside joke)

5 Things you May Not Know About Emily (me)
* I was born in a small touristy seaside city in Chile
* I have dissected a human body (in college - not unsupervised)
* My mother forced me to take piano lessons for 7 years and to this day I couldn't tell you where middle C is on a keyboard
* I once gave my best friend an enema (very, very long story)
* I'm the only member of my family who hasn't served a mission for the Church

* I make a mean cheesecake (ok, that was 6 - it's my blog and I'll do what I want)

5 Things you May Not Know About Tysen
* He walked at 9.5 months of age
* He likes Toby better than me (and he likes Grandma Day better than both of us put together)
* Last Mother's Day when the primary kids sang a song in church he came down from the stand and smacked me for making him get up in front of everyone
* He's a pretty good little singer and unfortunately has a penchant for memorizing any song we listen to (which is fine when he sings "Come, come, ye saints" or "How Firm a Foundation" but not so impressive when he's singing Metallica's "Enter Sandman" or DMX's "Rough Riders")
* He's brilliant - really, really brilliant (and I'm not biased at all, I promise)

5 Things you May Not Know About Audrey
* The Dr. nearly didn't make it into the room when she was born - she kinda fell out and I didn't have to push (she had me at hello)
* She "talks" to Grandma Day on the phone and she stares at the phone like she knows who it is - and then she tries to stick the phone in her mouth so maybe she doesn't really get it yet
* She's in very good shape (don't laugh! round is a shape!)
* She has slept thru the night since the age of 7 weeks and will fuss in the evening if you don't put her in bed when she wants - she loves that crib
* She'll sleep in till 11 am anytime you'll let her (seriously, she had me at hello)

1 comments:

Sara said...

WOW! an update!! I love it! I have not checked your thing for so long so I am glad to get all caught up! I need your email to invite you to our blog... send it to drapergirl22@yahoo.com!! Are you coming to Day Girl? You better!
ps can't believe how old Tysen is...time flies!!