Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ikea Nightmare


Have you ever been to Ikea? It's hell in a warehouse! It's this massive conglomorate of furnishings and you can't find your way around anywhere. If there had been a fire, we'd all have died. Not to mention the five billion people who were there. It was total chaos!

I found a dresser, a wardrobe, a coffee table, and 2 end tables I wanted to buy so I wrote down the little info they have stuck to the showroom pieces and proceeded (after getting lost twice even with a map) to the warehouse to give the nice warehouse person with a forklift my list and have my furniture pulled - only to fnd out I'M THE WAREHOUSE PERSON PULLING THE FURNITURE!!! Imagine Costco but with credenzas.

Kenlynne (my fabulous sister-in-law) went with me and her 17 year old (Tessa) wanted to come and then her 12 year old (Tori) wanted to come too and Toby was working on stuff at the house and wanted me to take Audrey. So we have this HUGE entourage in the showroom and the warehouse and we finally found all the stuff and got it on our little flatbed cart thingy (did I mention the baby is hungry at this point and screaming?)

THEN, as if this endeavor hasn't been a total disaster, you have no option but to self-checkout! Which I'm kind of OK with, but I can assure you, the general population is not. They suck at it.

And then I had to pile everything in the Trooper with the 5 people in the car - the baby had a large wardrobe box looming over her head for the drive home. The whole experience was horrible.

Perhaps with fewer people, and of course the right combination of vallium and prozac, it wouldn't have been too bad. But I will say I spent under $300 for all the stuff I got so I can almost say it was worth the trip - but I never want to go back - EVER!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,

I totally agree. I went to IKEA once and have never been back!

Vickie