Monday, December 8, 2008

What have you done for me lately?

I got this tag from Janey. Thanks Janey! Keep blogging! And I thought I would let you all know I'm trying a new feature with my blog. That phraseology made it sound cool, but it's really not that interesting. I just decided that all of my blog titles will be lines from songs or movies. Anyone pick up Janet Jackson on this one? So if you know the artist or movie in the future, leave it in a comment so I know you're reading.

I don't expect anyone to be this interested in my life so feel free to pass on reading it. Rules are: Anything you have done has to be in bold. How much have you done?

1. Started your own blog - um, duh

2. Slept under the stars - I think I have, on the trampoline in the backyard growing up, but my admission of this in no way means I like to camp.

3. Played in a band - no musical bones in this body

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower - I'm a night owl, this happens at night

6. Given more than you can afford to charity - does 10% tithing plus fast offerings count?

7. Been to Disneyland - is it pathetic that the answer is no on this one?

8. Climbed a mountain - contrary to popular belief I actually did go to girls camp one year

9. Held a Praying Mantis - eww

10. Sang a solo - I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who attended my sister's mission farewell. She hated me and singing was my punishment, I think.

11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch

15. Adopted a child

16. Had food poisoning - I get food poisoning like twice a year - I have weak bowels (was that TMI?)

17. Been to the Statue of Liberty

18. Grown your own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an train

21. Had a pillow fight - jr high slumber parties ring any bells?

22. Hitch hiked

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - everyone should do this, especially if you're going to lose the sick time if you don't take it

24. Built a snow fort - the winter I was 9 it snowed so much and the maintenance guys who plowed our driveway piled it all up at the end and my friends and I dug tunnels and stuff in it. It was awesome!

25. Held a lamb - I have kids and we've been to the petting zoo

26. Gone skinny dipping - don't ask, don't tell

27. Run a Marathon - are you kidding me right now? have you seen my midsection? not conducive to that kind of rigorous activity

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - is this a trick question? Unless you live under a rock, you've seen one of these.

31. Hit a home run - how about kicked a home run? I was quite a kickball player in elem school. These thighs were good for something once.

32. Been on a cruise

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - If Draper, Utah counts then yeah

35. Seen an Amish community

36. Taught yourself a new language - I can barely speak English

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - does anyone?

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David

41. Sung karaoke

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - does it count that I ran into the missionaries a few weeks back at Little Caesars and paid for their pizza before they had a chance?

44. Visited Africa - um, no thanks

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - not by moonlight, but at sunset - it was beautiful!

46. Been transported in an ambulance

47. Had your portrait painted

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling

52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud - surprising, in know

54. Gone to a drive-in theater - please don't ask for details

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - I've bought a lot of them - love those thin mints

62. Gone whale watching

63. Got flowers for no reason - I had a friend in HS who always used to give me flowers - he was always so sweet to me. Thanks, Josh!

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - let's not get into the details on this one

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check - it wasn't my fault, I swear!

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - or 50 childhood toys? you should see my garage. Anyone need any Barbies circa 1986? Some are missing body parts, but I find that irrelevant.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - DC was my favorite trip I've ever been on - besides my honeymoon

71. Eaten Caviar - eww

72. Tied a quilt - more than I can count

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job - let's not talk about it

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

77. Broken a bone - fell from a heelstretch liberty stunt cheering my sr year and broke my wrist

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - thanks, Uncle George - I'm glad I'm alive

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - surprisingly, I saw it when I was a kid. I live in AZ, perhaps we should make a jaunt

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper - front page of the Manti Messenger, not that it's much to brag about

85. Read the entire Bible - not the whole thing, but I think I read the whole Old Testament. I totally went to seminary my Freshman year

86. Visited the White House - again, DC is AWESOME

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - eww

88. Had chickenpox - sidenote story: my mom was taking me to the dr when I had chickenpox (I was 3) and the truck got a flat tire and I didn't have shoes on so mom was carrying me down the freeway. Some really scary guy with a huge nasty beard and a 70's style van with curtains in the back windows pulled over and was insisting we get in his van and my mom was FREAKING OUT. Luckily, a friend of hers drove by and saw us and picked us up. It was totally straight out of a Lifetime movie.

89. Saved someone’s life - I've GIVEN 2 people their lives, I think that should count for something

90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous

92. Joined a book club - not much of a reader

93. Lost a loved one - grandparents

94. Had a baby - TWICE

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - eww

97. Been involved in a law suit - I rear-ended some lady 2 weeks after I got my license going like 2 miles per hour and she tried to sue me/my parents. It was a joke. I also had to testify during proceedings involving a former boss and one of his clients.

98. Owned a cell phone - does anyone not?

99. Been stung by a bee - lucky for me, I'm not allergic

100. Visited Italy

Now I tag Candice (because she thinks she's not cool enough for me to tag her), Joanna (because she hates being tagged and probably won't do it), and Jenn (because it's been too long since she updated her blog.

4 comments:

joanna said...

Excuse me, but I'd like to make a comment. And you are right, I probably won't do this. I have too many political rants on my mind that I need to upload to my own blog. [Insert your groan here.] I might think about this one for down the road, though.

YOU SANG A SOLO AT MY MISSION FAREWELL? Where was I??? I have absolutely no recollection of this whatsoever.

About taking a sick day when you're not sick -- this is exactly why when I am in charge of an HR department, there will be no "sick days". If people are sick, they can stay home without using a sick day bank. Whoever takes advantage of the flexible sick days will be disciplined. I am guessing that will be only 1-2 people per company unless you work in manufacturing (and that's a totally different story for me.)

What's so great about kissing in the rain? Is it because it makes your mouth slippery? Does kissing in a pool count?

Playing in the mud? Em, you used to EAT mud.

Ok, again, WHERE WAS I WHEN MOM WAS RUNNING DOWN THE HIGHWAY with you and your chickenpox?? Why don't I remember these things?

Janey and Jill said...

I'm so glad you did this tag! I was totally laughing!

I can't believe you've never been to Disneyland. Get your a** in the car right now and go! It's the BEST place in the world and you're kids will LOVE it!

Darcy and Eric said...

Ok... so I must comment on Joanna's comment then on the posting.. Joanna.. your comment is HILARIOUS to me. Except for the sick days... thats why they are all called personal days now...:) well at least at my work.. I get 12 per year...and you bet I use them if I am not sick! I take one for my celebratory end of freakin Volleyball season so I don't kill myself and my birthday....
Now for Emily...I can't believe you DIDN"T TAG ME!!!! You should be encouraging me to blog... and second....I will do it anyway....and third....my calling hasn't started yet.. in January...apparently they want to get a head start on things!!! so....don't worry cat lady will not exist!

The Greenwoods said...

YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO DISNEYLAND?!?!?! What kind of an American are you?!?! Clearly--you are communist. You better get your butt to California and go to Disneyland with the Greenwoods! It's such a magical and happy place!!! I can't believe it--next thing you'll be telling me that Santa Clause isn't real!!! (I just went on Saturday--and I was going to go today, but I ended up not going.)