Wednesday, November 19, 2008

These are a few of my fay-vor-ite things . . .

When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feeeeeel sooooo baaaaad. I was having a Julie Andrews moment there. Just me? Okay, moving on. I've made a couple of new discoveries in the last month or so that I'm compelled to share with you all (you know, the 3 of you who read my blog).

1. Pandora Radio (http://www.pandora.com/) - I LOVE this at work. You type in an artist or a song you like and it selects other music that is similar in musicality and creates a "radio station" for you based on that. If it plays something you don't like, you give it a thumbs down and it will never play that song again. It's PERFECT for listening at work when I forget to bring my iPod. There are no commercials and I have yet to receive any junk e-mail from them. Just be aware that nothing is edited so if you type in Snoop Dogg, you will hear the explicit lyrics (I wasn't ready for that first thing Monday morning so I thought I'd share that info with you).

2. Kath & Kim - It's my new favorite show! It's so hilarious! It's on Thursday nights (check local listings). See a preview here. The cat wailing thing and the "mexican guy" phrase are my favorite parts!

2 comments:

joanna said...

You forgot to say that if you type in the artist or song you REALLY like, Pandora WON'T PLAY IT. It will play other things that are SIMILAR, but never let you hear the song you really want to hear. Anyway, I do like Pandora but I haven't accessed it for a while. Maybe I should re-visit.

Andersen Family said...

I had to comment back on your Meg Ryan comment--- I used to think she was SO cute. Now her new face/smile kinda looks like the JOKER. So Sad.