1. How does a ba-jillion dollars just disappear from the national economy? Of course, I understand the concept of unrealized gains and losses. But just the vast scale of the current economic circumstance amazes me.
2. Why do people think it's acceptable to lie and cheat? I'm talking about all types of cheating here. Whether it's committing adultery, copying test answers from a friend in school, or making up numbers for your tax return so you don't owe money to the government - news flash people - it's all morally wrong!
3. Why has the Church changed their procedures on the cannery? I can't just sign up for food, pay, and have it delivered. They actually want me to go to the cannery and can my stuff myself. Not that that is a bad idea, it's just that there are limitations of time and scheduling availability for people, especially working people. So basically I'm unable to work on my food storage because of time constraints. I'm happy to pay for my goods and for the service of canning as well - I just no longer have that option.
4. Again a little along church lines, why is it so unacceptable for a woman to have a job? People simply treat you differently as a woman if you work and I don't understand it. I happen to enjoy my job and I'm good at what I do. I also love my family dearly and I love being a mom and wife. Somehow it's not ok to do both? And why do they schedule virtually all of the Relief Society activities during the day when working people can't attend? I'd love to join the quilting group or the scrapbooking group in my ward - but they meet at 10 or 11 am on Tuesdays. A little accomodation, people.
5. Why do little boys (and big boys for that matter) always have their hands down their pants? Is it comfy? Do their extremities have poor circulation and they're benefiting from the warmth of their own skin? I don't get it.
6. Why do babies have to put EVERYTHING in their mouths? You should see some of the stuff I fish out of Audrey's mouth. And if, by chance, she eats something that I don't see, she will often then spit up whatever it is. She likes to scratch at the lining on the bottom of our sofa and it sheds little fiber thingies that she then eats. So once in a while she'll cough up what looks like a hairball. She spit up a stick once. The other day her spit-up was bright red and I was having a cow sideways about it thinking she was bleeding internally. Turns out she found some stray play dough on the floor Tysen had been playing with the night before. She's rather fond of the dog food bowl as well.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Random Life Questions
Posted by Toby and Emily at 8.10.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those are all valid questions in which I have no clue what any of the answers are. The boy thing is so true. I am hoping Carter grows out of it. Right now whenever he takes a bath he grabs his private part!! #6 also drives me CRAZY!
That is awesome that Tysen is such a great reader! My mom would love to have him in her class!
Lovin' the random life questions. I've often wondered about #4 and #5 myself, though Tate has yet to spit up a hairball! I know, I know, I said YET - it's coming, I'm sure.
As far as the Relief Society scheduling unattendable activities - consider yourself lucky. At least you have an excuse not to go?! I, on the other hand, always have to pull some awesome tale from my butt when I don't attend...which kind of goes along with the "why do people think it's okay to lie and cheat" question. Does, "because Relief Society enrichment activities aren't all they're cracked up to be" count as a good answer?!
I think if we were able to figure out the answer for question #2, we would have a better understanding on how question #1 came about. The money didn't just disappear, it was cheated, lied about, stolen etc...by the same people who are willing cheat, lie, steal etc. on taxes, spouses, homework, tests, you name it...
It is all about greed and deception. How about the AIG CEO that was paid a $15 million severence package (of other people's money, I might add) even after he admitted to hiding as lying about bad investments and not actually having the money...
My random question is, who is the punk that sent the missionaries to my house already? I thought I had made it clear NOT to send 'em...Look where my honesty got me. Guess I should go back to just blogging about fun stuff! LOL!
nice blog. ROAD TO RICHIES.
Post a Comment