Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Being sick is not "sick"


So a few weeks ago the boss at work asked what the term "sick" meant. He was asking the 3 employees at the firm who are under the age of 35 and we all sit at the end of the lunch table together (it's a little like high school, but that's another Oprah show). We've been trying off and on for weeks now to explain and get him to properly use the term "sick". Which is funny to hear coming from a man over the age of 50. So that's where the last bit of the title of this post originated. The rest originated over the last weekend and yesterday when I was, in the literal sense of the word, sick. I had a terribly headache and body aches and sore throat. It was pretty miserable for a couple of days. I'm feeling much better today, thank you for asking. So poor Toby starts having a scratchy throat last night and this morning I awoke to the not so pleasant sound of vomiting in the bathroom. Nice . . . and charming. So I say today that being sick is not "sick"! (p.s. this picture is not of any of our throats, it's from the web - I just thought it would add something visually to the post)

0 comments: